Carbon Monoxide Testing

This service determines if the combustible appliances in the home are releasing harmful levels of carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, yet highly toxic gas. It is invisible to the human senses so unfortunately most people are unaware when they are exposed to the gas. Health effects of Carbon Monoxide exposure are dependent on the level of the gas concentration and length of exposure, as well and an individual’s health circumstance. Preliminary symptoms are similar to the flu, and include: headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, and dizziness. Higher levels of carbon monoxide exposure will cause more rigorous symptoms including: mental confusion, vomiting, loss of muscular coordination, loss of consciousness, and eventually death.

For additional information about Carbon Monoxide:

Carbon Monoxide | Air & Radiation | US EPA
https://www3.epa.gov/airquality/carbonmonoxide

Carbon Monoxide’s Impact on Indoor Air Quality – EPA
https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality…/carbon-monoxides-impact-indoor-air-quality

Protect Your Family and Yourself from Carbon Monoxide … – EPA
https://www.epa.gov/…/protect-your-family-and-yourself-carbon-monoxide-poisoning